Thursday, March 14, 2013

Our {changed} Journey....



It's been 1 whole year since I wrote on my blog. A couple reasons. First, the health of my family. Second, our newest addition to our family. Last year (almost exactly) when I stopped writing in my blog, my husband found out he had cancer once again. It was the most unexplainable feeling that we had ever felt. So many things went through our minds. Survival, our faith, our family, our marriage....the next year would be uncertain. This is the same cancer that my husband had as a toddler. The chances of him having this same cancer was almost 0%. Yes, no likelihood of it growing in the same area, but it hit in the same place once again. It came in a routine check-up. We had noticed some changes in my husband. He was tired, his strength was lessening and some random potassium levels that turned us to checking up on his sugar levels. The first thing they noticed were his sugar levels. They found him to be pre-diabetic. That was the first scare. We immediately went into survival mode and changed his diet drastically. DRASTICALLY! My husband was in the best and worst shape of his life (he says it himself). The path that diagnosis led us on was a sheer miracle. Had it not been for us checking his pre-diabetic symptoms, they would have never caught the cancer so early.I wanted to write a few things regarding both events that have changed our lives this past year. They both have a lot to do with trusting GOD and knowing He has a perfect plan in our lives.


This is from one of the first letters my husband sent out January 2012. [I went to the doc today and he told me it was cancer. He referred me to an oncologist and said that I might have to do chemo or radiation but it was up to the oncologist. I have had a lot of peace through this season and I trust that Gods perfect plan will be accomplished in my life. One thing I have realized is that I need to redeem the time and make every moment count towards eternal things--things that matter. Please pray for Wendy that Jesus would comfort her and fill her with His peace.] 

After this email was sent, he went in to get it removed and the TRUSTING began. Here is a portion of my email after the surgery and about 1 month out. [Today was Ron's Oncology appointment to give us the CT scan results and to give us further details of what's to come. Being in that office was very surreal to say the least. The day could not have felt longer. It was draining, but felt like when when you study for an exam for sooo long, your tired and just want it over with and want them to tell you if you passed. Not to mention sleep for 2 days after it's done. The doctor seemed to prolong it by chatting about Ron's family history and asking how the surgery was. He actually was telling us he was going to have Dr. Weinberg, the surgeon, go over the results with us. We just wanted him to read the results, so we just asked for them. The doctor said that the CAT scan came back CLEAR!!! PRAISE GOD - PRAISE GOD - PRAISE GOD!! I think in my head I just kept saying THANK YOU JESUS. Did I mention that God answers prayers? His favor, grace and mercy as simply amazing. Since no radiation is in store for Ron, we will be doing a couple things naturally that will (if there is anything there now) starve the cancer. We strongly believe that food matters and makes a big difference in ones health. All the processed food was not how God made this world. So, No sugar, juicing with a special juicer, supplements, Kangen alkaline water to switch his PH and keep it alkaline (which cancer can't breed in), moderate meats, lots of whole veggies and much more. This past year Ron made a huge change in his diet, so he is on the road to even better health. There is an ND that does shots of high doses of Vitamin C which helps with cancer (along with good immune). Also, Dr. Brodsky - my regular ND, does heat/thermo scanning that mostly women use for breast scans. This is highly effective and not damaging to the body. I hope to be able to use that in between the oncology scans for further precaution. Thank you all for supporting us, loving us, encouraging us and praying for us through life changing experience! As I reread my devotional, I realize even more that every morning God truly has a word for us. In every way God will try to reach out to us and guide us through life and our walk with Him. God just knows what we need, when we need it most. {Let Me prepare you for the day that stretches out before you. I know exactly what this day will contain, whereas you have only vague ideas about it. You would like to see a map, showing all the twists and turns of your journey. You’d feel more prepared if you could somehow visualize what is on the road ahead. However, there is a better way to be prepared for whatever you will encounter today: Spend quality time with Me.I will not show you what is on the road ahead, but I will thoroughly equip you for the journey. My living Presence is your Companion each step of the way. Stay in continual communication with Me, whispering My Name whenever you need to redirect your thoughts. Thus, you can walk through this day with your focus on Me. My abiding Presence is the best road map available.}The Lord replied, “My Presence will go with you, and I will give you rest.”—Exodus 33:14 Love you all]

"Let Me prepare you". Yes, that is exactly what the Lord did. Not only did God prepare us for the road ahead of continual trust through Ron's cancer, but He brought us out of it and used that experience to prepare us for the next part of our journey. 2012 was a year of reflection and understanding what God has for us and the calling He has for our lives. We were brought back to what was most important, and with that, we spent a year of just being a tight family and tending to the calling God has in our lives.

Simplify. Love. Unity. Grace. Mercy. Learn. LIVE... ONE DAY AT A TIME.

We had been on a list for our future adoption for years now. Knowing that it would be in God's timing, we trusted. Yes, again, trusting trusting trusting.... that is our theme. Never once thinking about it while Ron was sick. Around the 6 month mark, they cleared Ron with a clean bill of health and just continued to check his levels and less frequent scans. We had not planned on any more changes in life, but in December 2012 we got "THE CALL". Had God prepared us for this? YES! Our family unit was as strong as ever. We knew that regardless of the outcome of the "plans" for this adoption, we were in God's will and we were to remain in it, no matter what. The irony in my life is that I have always found myself to be emotional as a child, but growing up in Christ, God has given me an internal strength that surpasses all understanding. Especially if you knew me back then. Handling all of these events and emotions is a sheer miracle.





Was God bringing us what we had been praying for? Matthew 7:7



{the wall board is a little present given to me by a dear friend}




{to my surprise we received our first picture of our soon to be baby girl}




My TWO Miracles. Sometimes I feel so unworthy of love and grace that God has bestowed upon me. I am not perfect and I lose sight of how amazing God is even now, but I have to always look back at the 4 lives that God has given me. ALL 4 are a true modern day Miracle!



My Blog will change. My life changed, why wouldn't it right? I am far more open about the struggles and blessings in my life. This blog began with my crafting and the works and gifting God has given me. Wool and Flax is based on the proverbs 31 woman. If you read all of 31, you will see that "she" helps. With her hands, she pursues good for her household. It also says, "She speaks with wisdom,
    and faithful instruction is on her tongue."

I pray that I can share more than what my hands create, but rather what God has created in and through my life. Stay tuned - I want to share more about my faith, health options, adoption and the pursuit of God's will through it all. It is so hard to find detailed instructions on adopting and what to expect, what to pray for, how to bond, how to not get lost in paperwork...as well as how to share with your children the beauty of how God grows your family. It's time to break the stereotype of what this world thinks adoption really is (and all the Disney movies show) and how amazing it is. It is such a WONDERFUL experience that not even my closest friends know it's entirety, yet.

It's always going to be my child's story to tell...but I also have a story and I feel people need to hear what God has shown me.

No comments:

Post a Comment