Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Mango Pancakes

We have been on a mission to make the best pancake lately. We love breakfast and brunch. Here is one that we just made and I couldn't wait to post. I have had great response to the Banana Pancakes we have been making, but when my mangos were going to spoil, I though, let's see if it can make a pancake. NOW, please understand that anything WITHOUT flour will taste different. This is primarily egg based, so it will taste like eggs. I have made a coconut flour pancake that I will also post soon. That recipe makes a great waffle as well.

Ok, so here it goes.


Gluten Free-Dairy Free-Grain Free-Sugar Free 
Mango Pancakes 


•1/2 cup mango puree
• Stevia (sprinkled / small amount)
• Orange extract (few drops)
• 2 eggs 
• Coconut oil for cooking 

= makes 5 pancakes 
* double the recipe for more! 1 cup of mango was about a med size mango.



Puree one mango in a blender. Make sure it is not clumpy. It needs to be smooth. 
Pour in a bowl and add the sprinkled stevia and orange extract. and whip with a hand blender. Add the eggs and whip together until its all blended and well mixed together. Pour coconut oil in pan and heat at a medium heat. Pour mixture in to make small size pancakes (you can make larger ones, but they are harder to turn). Pancakes will bubble, but not like a regular wheat pancake. turn over when it turns a little darker.  





Presto! They are absolutely delicious. So far my boys have loved all the other ones we have made... but these made their eyes bug out and my little ones yelled "I love them!". 


Enjoy!!! 


2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you're back on your blog. Look forward to trying these. I just can't consider them a pancake or I'll just compare the texture to a traditional pancake. They sound yummy though! Keep posting, I love blogs now. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! Ok so yes, they are FUN pancakes indeed. They are not like the thick heavy pancakes made from wheat. Personally I never liked pancakes because they were too heavy. I will post another that I made with Coconut flour that are much thicker and make a great waffle. I think for those that are wheat free can give a little nod to these, since we get no bread products elsewhere. I can say that Diego is psoriasis free being Gluten free. I feel lighter (5 lbs) and better (no joint pain) since I turn back over to no wheat and grains. If you like eggs, you will like the consistency :)

    ReplyDelete