Saturday, March 13, 2010

Secret places...

Tomorrow is our girls seminar at church called "secret places". I had the scripture given to me for months. It took me a while to "feel" it and hear from God what it was I needed to draw. Sounds cliché, but that's how I honestly get inspired. It's just the way it is...and I wouldn't have it any other way. So I wanted to share what finally transpired from this, secret places theme. The scripture was from Luke... You'll see...

It went from this...






To some minor changes and then finally done!








I am super picky and could have changed so many things, but in the end, I found that the true meaning of the scripture came through. As much as we surround ourselves with "pretty" things or make ourselves look "invisible", we can not shut the for and hide our secrets from the Lord. He will bring them into the light. But by His grace we are saved and made white as snow!!

Here is a picture of the photobooth I set up for the girls to take buddy shots! Do you see the meaning in this?! Striped shirt, white underneath, windows and mirrors and the lights?! I hope so.















2 comments:

  1. I just came across your blog and wondered if you'd mind sharing some more detail about the girls seminar. I have an 11 year old and we're struggling alot with her self worth and a spirit of rejection. Always looking to find what others are hearing from the Lord.

    thanks, Lysa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Lysa, wow I can't believe I never saw this post. Still getting the hang of how this works.

    Last June's seminar went really well. It was truly a time for them to reflect the things that are "hidden" in a young girls heart/life. We all may have things that we have locked inside of us, that only the Lord knows. For girls to hear and know that "everyone" goes through something in life and that they are not alone, is very freeing for them. Of course, they shared with them God's word and how to give all of these things over to God, how to practically deal with the things young girls deal with and how to move forward.

    Self worth and rejection is something that only God can heal. If a young girl understands that they are a Child of God and that who they are today is God's plan for their life, and what they make of life is their journey, they will understanding that their path is very precious. Everything matters, they matter, they are loved. We tend to seek love and acceptance from the world, and the world will always fail us. I pray your daughter may find her worth and comfort through God. Then the search for acceptance will no longer fail her.

    ReplyDelete