Friday, May 6, 2011

Carrot Almond Cookies

I found this recipe online from Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations: Carrot Cake Caveman Cookies. However I added a little something at the end. Here is what I did... hope you enjoy!



Blanching the almonds: Boil water, place almonds in bowl, poor boiled water in bowl just covering almonds.

Drain, rinse with cold water, peel skin off almonds. It takes less time then you think. I did it will homeschooling in the morning and then let them sit to dry.



For the recipe:
  • 2 Cups peeled and cut carrots
  • 2 Cups Almonds
  • 1 Cup Shredded Coconut
  • 1 Tsp Nutmeg, plus some to sprinkle on after
  • 2 Tsp Vanilla
  • 2 Tsp Coconut Oil
  • 3 Eggs
  • Cinnamon to sprinkle after
  • Coconut crystals to sprinkle after (or your substitute)

Process:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350 Degrees F
  2. Combine all of your ingredients EXCEPT your eggs in a food processor, pulse it until allthe pieces are small but still a little chunky (this is from his original recipe. BUT because I made my own flour/meal, I made this by first by pulsing the blanched almonds it in my Vitamix. I then placed the carrots and pulsed and added the rest, except the eggs.)
  3. Combine that mixture with the eggs in a large mixing bowl and mix well
  4. Using your hands, form the mixture into "patties" and place on a parchment paper lined cookie sheet. The size of the "patties" are up to you, or you could make the into bars. I would say also make sure you pat them down as flat as you would want the cookie. It doesn't melt/flatten down in baking as a regular wheat cookie. I made mine like a thick meat patty width, but flattened the top.
  5. Bake until done, around 35-40 Minutes ( I only did 35 min.)
  6. While cooling, sprinkle some nutmeg, cinnamon and coconut crystals over the top.


Here is the finished product!!


Here they are with the added sprinkles of nutmeg, cinnamon and coconut crystals.


Hope you enjoy! These are sugar free (if you don't add the sprinkled sugar), gluten free, dairy free. Most people don't consider eggs dairy. Also, be careful if there is a nut allergy.

Proverbs 31:13-18 "She selects wool and flax and works with eager hands....She sets about her work vigorously; her arms are strong for her tasks. She sees that her trading is profitable, and her lamp does not go out at night."

No comments:

Post a Comment