Monday, May 2, 2011

Eggs are my best friend

So I love breakfast. Especially eggs. I can eat them at any time of the day. When I run out of eggs, it's a sad sad day. I have dug deeper into healthy food, and am slowly venturing into a grain free, gluten free (a la GAPS diet) meals. If your household requires you to not eat certain foods, you understand why. My reasons, one of my sons and my husband have psoriasis, I have joint pain / arthritis. I'm glad I love healthy food!


So today I made things I wanted to share. Eggs over easy with Banana pancakes and scones.

Banana pancakes : 1 ripe banana mashed, 2 egg, mix/whip them together until well blended. I also added a little vanilla extract and some nutmeg. You can leave it out. No sugar needed!!

Medium heat. Cook in coconut oil (or anything you normally use). Turn over as you would regular pancakes.

(just pancakes shown)










Scones: Almond flour. I'll stop here. I wanted to add that I've tried store bought flour and today I made my own almond flour in my vitamix. I love how my flour made these taste and feel like real scones. Big thumbs up!



















2 cups Almond flour
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 cup dried blueberries
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 egg
2 tbsp agave or Stevia (if you wish. I only add half of this if I do add it at all. Dried Blueberries come sweetened.)

375 degrees

In one bowl Combine dry ingredients.

In a separate bowl combine wet ingredient.

Mix wet into dry ingredients and kneed with your hands until all is blended well.

Put on a cookie sheet. Make two circles 1/2 inch think. Cut each circle into 4's or 6's like a pizza. Place on parchment paper. Bake for approximately 10 minutes or until golden brown.

I originally got this recipe from civilized caveman cooking but I altered it by making my own flour and no chocolate chip. Check out Civilized Caveman Cooking Creations: Blueberry Coconut Chocolate Chip Scones:

For my topping, I added Greek yogurt, Stevia and orange extract and whipped it.




No comments:

Post a Comment